wznz 1460

lrdheat

Something of a record for me...I have heard both coasts via relatively modest 5 KW stations on my SRF-59 over the past 2 nights.:

Wed night-1080 KHz KSCO Santa Cruz, CA (KRLD 1080 50 KW off the air!)

Thur night-1460 KHZ WZNZ Jacksonville, FL

I am in Laredo, TX

Richard "Heatwave" Berler

Gary DeBock

Hello Richard,

Congratulations on your loggings of WZnZ-1460 and KSCO-1080.
It's always fun to log stations on both coasts.

Your report reminded me of my most exciting domestic logging
ever-- a bizarre sunset skip logging of KFWB-980 in Los Angeles
(5,000w at the time) as a 20-year old Navy sailor in Mayport, FL (in
1973), using a Sony TR-6400 portable. From that time on, I have
always tried to DX near the ocean, hi.

73, Gary