Topics

World DX Day

Paul Blundell

Hi all,

I am thinking / planning on launching a "World DX Day" in 2021. The idea behind this would be to have a single day where all DXer's are encouraged to get out and about and undertake some DXing.
I am thinking a website for this and having an area where logs / photos can be uploaded, ideally I would like to make this an annual event.

- Has anybody tried this in the past?
- Is it a good idea?
- Would people participate?

Thanks
Paul
https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/

Paul Blundell

To keep all the discussion in one place, I have created a group for this:
https://groups.io/g/WorldDXDay

keith beesley

That's a great idea, Paul!

Keith Beesley
Seattle WA USA

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 08:26:27 PM PDT, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

To keep all the discussion in one place, I have created a group for this:
https://groups.io/g/WorldDXDay

Horacio A. Nigro, CX3BZ

Just be clear when presenting the idea/action to keep the true meaning of the term DX which is just "Distance". For, in Latin America and Spain, someone in the past (70s) coined an inaccurate definition stating that DX comes from D= Distance and X=Unknown. This is absolutely artificial and forced from a delirant imagination that has been unfortunately rolling from time to time, in webpages and ebooks or bulletins.

Horacio Nigro, CX3BZ
Uruguay

--
Horacio Nigro
CX3BZ

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the information and feedback, I will keep that in mind.