What a difference a day makes!

FenDrifter

I’ve just trawled through the 20m and 40m bands and only found three transmissions with only one of them intelligible. Yesterday I was tripping over transmissions everywhere, it was the best day I’ve ever had in my short listening career! Admittedly a lot of it was pretty boring contests, but then it was Sunday. I was only listening to lower and upper sideband, but I’m sure eventually I’ll get around to MW DXing like most of you guys. It will then become a question of what antennas are permitted within the ultralight regime?
Drifter

Paul Blundell

Some of the local hams here were contesting over the weekend, that would explain the extra signals you heard.

I think all antennas are permitted, look at some of the FSL's that have been built over the years...

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 9:17 PM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’ve just trawled through the 20m and 40m bands and only found three transmissions with only one of them intelligible. Yesterday I was tripping over transmissions everywhere, it was the best day I’ve ever had in my short listening career! Admittedly a lot of it was pretty boring contests, but then it was Sunday. I was only listening to lower and upper sideband, but I’m sure eventually I’ll get around to MW DXing like most of you guys. It will then become a question of what antennas are permitted within the ultralight regime?
Drifter

FenDrifter

Hi Paul, where is ‘here’? In my case it’s England, and I was hearing stuff over a lot of Europe including Spain, Italy, Serbia, Poland, Croatia, Russia and unusually England! All of this was with my PL-368.

Thanks for the antenna confirmation.
Drifter

Paul Blundell

Down in Tasmania. I know they were working 20 and 40m bands.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022, 10:11 pm FenDrifter via groups.io, <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Paul, where is ‘here’? In my case it’s England, and I was hearing stuff over a lot of Europe including Spain, Italy, Serbia, Poland, Croatia, Russia and unusually England! All of this was with my PL-368.

Thanks for the antenna confirmation.
Drifter

FenDrifter

Well I certainly didn’t pick anything up from there Paul! 🙂