Topics

Welcome, Everybody!

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Friends,

Its gratifying to find that we have over 25 members in less than 24 hours. Welcome to everyone! As moderator, I intend to mostly be invisible.... this is your site and your group to use to increase your own (and our mutual) enjoyment by DXing with these wonderful little radios. Some of us are interested in DXing with ultralights in a totally stock "barefoot" format, while others are interested in trying to get the most possible out of the basic ultralight receiver circuit. Both groups learn from the successes of each other.

Although this group and our files and message areas will be very useful to each of us, I'd strongly encourage you to regularly visit the Ultralight files area of dxer.ca. There is a treasure-trove of excellent information there. If you haven't gone over things there carefully, be sure to visit soon. If you aren't familiar with that site, it is at http://www.dxer.ca The Ultralight files area may be accessed from a button in the upper left of the home page. PLEASE NOTE, there are other Ultralight resources at dxer.ca. Look at the hyperlinks on each side of the home page.

My own role here, beside being an active participant, is that I'll act as file and photo librarian, keeping those areas in some kind of order and culling them from time to time, should we start running out of space.

I have several more things that I should talk about.... mostly about those photos and files... as well as a few other housekeeping chores, but I'm going to put those off until early next week. We are right in the middle of doing a major remodel to our house of 30 years here in Stillwater. We have several crews coming in (carpet, roofers, glaziers, plumbers) in the next few days and I'm also re-tiling the bathrooms myself while the rest of this happens around me. My time at the keyboard and radio will return to normal in about a week. In the meantime, the ultralightdx site is working well, so we are off and running.

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods) + flocka Ultralights
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)