Videos recorded after sunset XHDATA D-808

Peter 1956

Outdoor reception in Botswana on a barefoot XHDATA D-808.

1. Some Asian titbits after dark XHDATA D-808 31st July 2021
https://youtu.be/oVJxePhoakQ

2.1377 Radio Free Africa Mwanza Tanzania with ID D-808
3kHz DSP bandwidth.
https://youtu.be/1hBk466btic

3.
585 Zanzibar D-808 2567km
https://youtu.be/0OhfHqwqVdY

Peter
Botswana

Paul Blundell

Great Loggings as always Peter.

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 04:06 Peter 1956, <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Outdoor reception in Botswana on a barefoot XHDATA D-808.

1. Some Asian titbits after dark XHDATA D-808 31st July 2021
https://youtu.be/oVJxePhoakQ

2.1377 Radio Free Africa Mwanza Tanzania with ID D-808
3kHz DSP bandwidth.
https://youtu.be/1hBk466btic

3.
585 Zanzibar D-808 2567km
https://youtu.be/0OhfHqwqVdY

Peter
Botswana

Peter 1956

Thanks Paul.

Peter

Nick Hall-Patch

Thanks for posting the Asian DX, Peter.   You're doing quite a bit better than I did in Lilongwe seven months ago using an RSPdx and an ALA1530 loop.   Of course, that was the height of summer. Perhaps another trip in the winter should be planned?

best wishes,

Nick

Peter 1956

You're welcome Nick.
I got some Asian stations in Summer using my Airspy HF+ Discovery and an outdoor telescopic whip, but of course Winter is better.

Peter

Those are great videos and really add to the story of these catches.