Useful KGOW 1560 DX Tip

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

There are few vietnamese stations in the country, but I figure this might be useful.

Listen in the 10pm central hour for an hour of VOA programming.  It's 2 different half hour segments.

It will begin with a time chimes and a male announcer saying "Welcome to the Voice of America in vietnamese" into an english VOA jingle.

Sometimes theres a VOA jingle in the program itself. I've heard a VOA jingle amist asian languages on 1575 Thailand.

THe program itself runs about 25-26 minutes and they may or may not have local commercials in between the two, but there are certainly some before the 11pm TOH. "Local" self generated programming may mention other cities as I'm not sure what originates from Houston.

Paul