Ultralight Radio List - RDS Enabled

Johnny

Hi all,

Looking for a list of ultralight radios that have RDS?

Sangean HDR-14
Eton Elite Traveler
And ???

Thx!

Johnny

Paul Blundell

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 9:16 AM Johnny via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Looking for a list of ultralight radios that have RDS?

Sangean HDR-14
Eton Elite Traveler
And ???

Thx!

Johnny

How many stations provide RDS signals?

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2021 at 9:16 AM
From: "Johnny via groups.io" <jlochey@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject: [UltralightDX] Ultralight Radio List - RDS Enabled
Hi all,

Looking for a list of ultralight radios that have RDS?

Sangean HDR-14
Eton Elite Traveler
And ???

Thx!

Johnny

Jorge Garzón

Hi from España,
Sangean DT-800 A very good one on FM with narrow/wide filters and variable fx steps. No built-in whip but easily manageable. See here:

Johnny

Hi Jorge!

I totally forgot about the DT-800 and I have one!

Haven't used it in a while.

Thanks for the reminder!

Johnny

Which one has the most sensitive decoding?

Jorge Garzón

Both are similar, Sangean DT-800 and HDR-14. The first one seems to be less RDS sensitive because the earphone wire is the antenna. With a connected whip RDS decodes quicker!