Paul Blundell

To the tune of piano man.

Its nine o’clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There’s an old man sitting next to me
DXing radios with patience and grace
He says, son, can you fix my PL-380
I’m not really sure how it goes
But I want a Loopstick I knew it complete
When I soldered with a younger man’s eyes

Program us a radio, you’re the Ultralight DXing man
Program us a radio tonight
Well, we are all in the mood for some big DX
And you’ve got us all programmed just right

Now Mitch at Jaycar is a friend of mine
He gets me my radios cheap
And he’s quick with a joke and to program in the right mode
But there’s someplace that he’d rather be
He says, Paul, I believe this is killing me.
As the smile ran away from his face
Well I’m sure that I could be a radio tech
If I could get out of this place

Now Gary is a Ultralight DXing guru
Who always has time for a chat
And he’s talking with Davey who’s still building a loop stick
And probably will be for life......

And the waitress is doing a band search

As the businessmen gets his loop just right
Yes, they’re sharing a game they call Ultralight DXing
But it’s better than playing radios alone

Program us a radio, you’re the Ultralight DXing man
Program us a radio tonight
Well, we are all in the mood for some big DX
And you’ve got us all programmed just right

It’s a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
cause he knows that it’s me they’ve been coming to see
To get radios programmed with style
And the radio, it sounds like some major DX
And the crowd, well they shed a tear
And they sit at the bar and ask why you depart?
And say, man, we are going to miss you radio skills here......

https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2021/02/ultralight-dxing-man-song.html

radiojayallen

Ha! Very good Paul.