Two New Articles Uploaded to the dxer.ca Files Area

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

I've just uploaded two articles to the Ultralight Files area of DXer.ca:

http://www.dxer.ca/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,87/Itemid,77/

Both articles begin with "Ultralight-xxxxxxx."  Both are on the first page in our files area. The first article is about Building and Operating the National SRF-39 and details that project with which you are likely familiar. I do give a couple of important tips for anyone interested in doing something similar... especially connecting a tuning shaft to the SRF-39 tuning capacitor.  The second article covers Adding an External MW Antenna Port to Small Portables. That details my project to couple external antennas to ultralights. I give parts numbers and sources of same, along with photos of the work done on three different radio models: Sangean DT-200VX, Eton E100 and the non-Ultralight Kaito KA-1103.

I got some good advice on whether to submit these to the clubs or publish them directly to the web. Happily, there are a whole lot of technical articles, most about ultralighting, in the club hoppers now and all of the clubs are on reduced summer publication schedules. Under those circumstances, we felt that the National SRF-39 article was probably for too limited an audience (those folks here) and should best be published on the web. The article about adding external antenna ports to small portable radios is of general interest, but I wanted to get it in the hands of the ultralight community this summer and club publication was unlikely until sometime in the fall.  I'll be sending the antenna article to the clubs and letting them know that it is already on the web. Some may wish to publish it this fall anyway.

In the meantime, if you are interested in either of these subjects, have at them... and if you have questions, post'em here.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest