Topics

The RADIOWOW R-108 is in the Amazon Prime-Day deals for $41.57

mariusz.dorota@gmail.com

That what i was thinking, but in the end I decided to open radio unit. It is easy to open, but then you have to separate pcb from Keys and finally take off white sticker with aluminium foil which cover the led. When you do this you can Simply change led to any 3mm led whatever color and brightness you want - there’s  a lot of space to solder  it or if you don’t want to mess with solder gun you can paint the led or cover it with some sort of filter. Overall not a very difficult task but a lot of tiny screws to deal with

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Wiadomość napisana przez mediumwavedx <desertbilly@...> w dniu 20.10.2020, o godz. 08:38:

I was thinking one might put some gold or brownish colored cellophane over the display. That would reduce the brightness and also eliminate the bluish tint. Sounds silly but it might work! Now, where can we find that?

Then it hit me that those grayish cellophane packets that ICs come in for experimenters might do it. I recently bought some parts and I had some so I tried it. It works. Some packets are darker than others and work better.

I'd hate to tear into my new little radio just yet!

Bill