Topics

Tecsun R-9700DX or Tecsun PL310ET

Hans Stam

Hi all..

At this moment I have the Tecsun PL-660, and this receiver is OK..

But I have the intention to buy the Tecsun R-9700Dx receiver

Is there anyone in this group who own this receiver? If you compare it to the 310et or 380 is there a difference in the sensitivity

And how about the noise? I live in an apartment surrounded by offices etc.. So not the perfect place to listen

Any replies are most welcome!

Marc Coevoet

Op 3/12/2019 om 13:35 schreef Hans Stam:
Hi all..
At this moment I have the Tecsun PL-660, and this receiver is OK..
But I have the intention to buy the Tecsun R-9700Dx receiver
Is there anyone in this group who own this receiver? If you compare it to the 310et or 380 is there a difference in the sensitivity
And how about the noise? I live in an apartment surrounded by offices etc.. So not the perfect place to listen
Any replies are most welcome!
I would not spend 60$ on a 9700, but on a 390 or 390 with mp3 player, a 398...

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=R-9700Dx&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I own one, it sits in its box, waiting for a true crisis in my other radios ...

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)

Glenn BRIDEN

While the 9700dx is a nice reciever for an analog it is a little harder to tune a specific frequency.  The sound is good and it does a good job of receiving weaker signals.  You will find it is effected by noise more bit that is common with analog radios.  Accept it for what it is and you will enjoy this radio.

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada’s largest network.

Op 3/12/2019 om 13:35 schreef Hans Stam:
> Hi all..
>
> At this moment I have the Tecsun PL-660, and this receiver is OK..
>
> But I have the intention to buy the Tecsun R-9700Dx receiver
>
> Is there anyone in this group who own this receiver? If you compare it
> to the 310et or 380 is there a difference in the sensitivity
>
> And how about the noise? I live in an apartment surrounded by offices
> etc.. So not the perfect place to listen
>
> Any replies are most welcome!

I would not spend 60$ on a 9700, but on a 390 or 390 with mp3 player, a
398...

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=R-9700Dx&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I own one, it sits in its box, waiting for a true crisis in my other
radios ...

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)

Vimal

I have pl-390 in my collection of almost 15 good radios.
And would advise you to stay away from it.
It is a beautiful paper weight ;simply not worth your hard earned money.
Tuning and volume controls are the culprit; they don’t obey your commands.
Just my two cents.

Vimal Oberoi

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 6:35 PM, Glenn BRIDEN <gbriden64@...> wrote:
While the 9700dx is a nice reciever for an analog it is a little harder to tune a specific frequency.  The sound is good and it does a good job of receiving weaker signals.  You will find it is effected by noise more bit that is common with analog radios.  Accept it for what it is and you will enjoy this radio.

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada’s largest network.

Op 3/12/2019 om 13:35 schreef Hans Stam:
> Hi all..
>
> At this moment I have the Tecsun PL-660, and this receiver is OK..
>
> But I have the intention to buy the Tecsun R-9700Dx receiver
>
> Is there anyone in this group who own this receiver? If you compare it
> to the 310et or 380 is there a difference in the sensitivity
>
> And how about the noise? I live in an apartment surrounded by offices
> etc.. So not the perfect place to listen
>
> Any replies are most welcome!

I would not spend 60$ on a 9700, but on a 390 or 390 with mp3 player, a
398...

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=R-9700Dx&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I own one, it sits in its box, waiting for a true crisis in my other
radios ...

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)

radiojayallen

I agree with this assessment. I will also say that I have two of these...one bought way back when it first came out (maybe 10 or more years ago...it's been around quite long time) and one purchased last year and the older one is slightly better aligned then the newest one. It is a decent performing analog radio and I like it overall but having a fairly low accuracy analog dial it is not a DX'ing favorite...better (for me) for program listening and general band scanning to see what's there. Also has Pre-DSP Fm which is not very selective.

Jay