Spain MW report

patrice.privat

Hi

my 98th Spanish "alive" station this morning (108 if I count the 10 that no longer exist)

1098 RNE Galicia (Lugo) at 0745 Loc Time.

Good Day

Paul Blundell

Well done, it is always good to hear of your loggings.

Paul

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm patrice.privat, <patrice.privat@...> wrote:
Hi

my 98th Spanish "alive" station this morning (108 if I count the 10 that no longer exist)

1098 RNE Galicia (Lugo) at 0745 Loc Time.

Good Day

Pedro Porres

Edited

Great, I like your achievement, the Spanish medium wave gives a lot of fun, for the number of stations. I would like to know which ones you are missing. How do you work on frequencies with many stations? Do you just have patience and try day after day? Do you play with the orientation of your receiver? I work the Spanish medium wave from within, in Córdoba. I hope to get your achievement.
Pedro Porres
Cordoba, Spain.
Twitter: @ondacor

patrice.privat

Buenas Tardes, Pe

This 108 stations log has been achieved in several years of irregular DX ing. Almost all has been done with my Tecsun PL380 and a small loop (AN-200) and... in bed.
Only very recently did I try whole spectrum recording with a RTL SDR Dongle and the begger active loop Wellbrook 1530.
It helps to play again until you can ID without doubt. And you have an audio proof as it is easy with SDR Console 3 to record a snippet of jingle or a local ad?
I always turn my antennas due South, a bit more to the S/E if I aim at Catalunya.
Yes I try every day on the busiest frequencies (up to 8 or 9 channels in mid spectrum 855 and 774).
The big advantage of living in Northern France is that almost all stations come with a somewhat equal power and they "seize the power" in turn
During a 10 mn or a 15 mn regional slot, it is not rare to have THREE successive leaders. So even with the SDR IQ file you cannot be satisfied with only the beginning of the regional slot; you have to look forward for the newt jingle or "esta escuchando..." because what you hear at min 57 will not always be the slot start leader.

According to the comparison of my log of active stations and the total present on mwlist.org, it seems the absolute maximum is 173 stations, this puts Spain as a target that has
a latin american challenge in terms of opportunities. Once in a while, I get a new city (Got Ferrol for the first time last week).
I will design my own diploma for my first active 100 soon as I reach that level, and I'm also in touch with Iberia DX for their gret awards like "all provinces".
Take care, Spain is beautiful,; if in doubt, just watch Silvia Perez Cruz singing !!

pp

Pedro Porres

Patrice, Thank you for so much information on how you work the dx of the Spanish medium wave.
For this season there is an important novelty: new disconnections at 0525 UTC and 1155 UTC in RNE, at the same time as those of Radio 5, I hope it helps you. The diploma that you comment on Iberia DX for all the Spanish provinces is interesting. There are several that resist me, we will keep trying.