Rockwork Cliff Australian AM-DX Mysteries

Gary DeBock

A couple of puzzling Australian DX catches from this morning at the Rockwork DXpedition site (near Manzanita, Oregon, USA) are posted-- any comments or suggestions on the station identities would be appreciated. Oz English definitely isn't my strong point!

531  Solemn assessment of the Covid situation around Newcastle by a male speaker with serious signal strength at 1247 on 8-5-- maybe 2PM on the SRN?  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/egirq5641jhcngw394eggo3iqmg1hzv7

639  Two males in conversation about a mystery topic at 1309 on 8-5; any comments on the topic of conversation would be appreciated (this would be an identity hint)  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/068xd2x688ejvnscj99iquqt6h5z35c4

Thanks!

Gary DeBock (in Manzanita, OR, USA)

Paul Blundell

Hi Gary.

First, I would say you're right that it is 2PM from Kempsey.

The second, I could not hear any clues, the Australian station on this frequency are below:

639 2HC Coffs Harbour Commercial 5000
639 4MS Mossman National 1000
639 5CK Port Pirie National 10000
639 8RN Katherine National 2000

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 09:48 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
First, I would say you're right that it is 2PM from Kempsey.

The second, I could not hear any clues, the Australian station on this frequency are below:

639 2HC Coffs Harbour Commercial 5000
639 4MS Mossman National 1000
639 5CK Port Pirie National 10000
639 8RN Katherine National 2000
Thanks for your assistance, Paul.

639-2HC and 639-5CK have both been heard at this cliff previously, and I'll probably need to check the ABC website (with the program podcasts for the LR and RN networks) to narrow this down further. Or, if that's a dead end, just ask my SDR-DXing partner Tom Rothlisberger for RN network, LR network and SRN network parallel checks.

73, Gary