Rank newbie asks nutball question

Jock Elliott

While poking around for some Skywarn (US Weather service severe weather spotter volunteers) info, I ran across this:

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/ll_ampm_stations

It's  a list of US/Canada clear channel MW stations. Has anybody got them call (including all the variations on the same freq) with ultralights . . . barefoot?

Cheers, Jock

keith beesley

Jock, it would probably be difficult or impossible to hear them all from one location, even with a much more powerful receiver and extensive antenna array. From the Seattle area, I've heard only the ones in the western half of the continent.  But, thanks; that's a very handy list! I don't think I've seen Canada/US/Mexico/Bahamas all merged into one list.

Keith Beesley
Seattle WA USA

On Saturday, March 13, 2021, 02:29:34 PM PST, Jock Elliott <jock.elliott@...> wrote:

While poking around for some Skywarn (US Weather service severe weather spotter volunteers) info, I ran across this:

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/ll_ampm_stations

It's  a list of US/Canada clear channel MW stations. Has anybody got them call (including all the variations on the same freq) with ultralights . . . barefoot?

Cheers, Jock

Steve Whitt

Hi Jock

Interesting to see a list like this on a non-radio website.

It is slightly dated but fortunately these big guns don’t change too often.

1560 became WFME after WQXR but now is silent

1510 WWZN is no more and Boston is now WMEX with low power at night

73

Steve