Question on Retekess V-115


 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263418403811?hash=item3d54f5dbe3:g:QIUAAOSwySVaTal-

Does the recorder work in AM mode? The user guide talks about pressing the FM key to get in to this mode.


Paul Blundell
 

I can't confirm this but I did find this review which might be helpful?
https://www.qsl.net/n9ewo/v115.html

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 10:10 AM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263418403811?hash=item3d54f5dbe3:g:QIUAAOSwySVaTal-

Does the recorder work in AM mode? The user guide talks about pressing the FM key to get in to this mode.



--
Paul


Zacharias Liangas
 

I can confirm that this tiny radio can record in stereo in both line in and FM mode
I used two tivdios the one was sold in 2017and 18
Get noticed that these recordings were unstable in terms of spatiality.If you hear it with earphones you would understand that music instrument or voices wander in-between the left and right channels (panning)


DX Pedro
 

I can confirm, and it does work on all bands and with external input,
i.e.: another radio. ;)
It's what I use to make my recordings. For what I've read, it does
record on DualMono instead of stereo. but i cant confirm this.
Recordings on 128kbs are very decent.
Soundwise, the sound is awesome. Here's a few recordings i've made
using it as a speaker/recorder and an audio recording as well
https://youtu.be/qrxa9cVjVa4
https://youtu.be/nlboBuKh5fw
https://youtu.be/HbygacFN510

// pedro andrade

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 1:10 AM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@mail.com> wrote:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263418403811?hash=item3d54f5dbe3:g:QIUAAOSwySVaTal-

Does the recorder work in AM mode? The user guide talks about pressing the FM key to get in to this mode.


Rémy Friess
 

It's what I use to make my recordings. For what I've read, it does
record on DualMono instead of stereo. but i cant confirm this.
I can confirm it. It's Dual Mono, not stereo on FM as well as with the external input.

73, Rémy.


Paul Blundell
 

Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?


On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 10:37 PM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:

> It's what I use to make my recordings. For what I've read, it does
> record on DualMono instead of stereo. but i cant confirm this.

I can confirm it. It's Dual Mono, not stereo on FM as well as with the
external input.

73, Rémy.









--
Paul


 

I have not found many options. I am not a massive fan of the built-in battery.

 
 
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2021 at 11:35 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Question on Retekess V-115
Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
 
On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 10:37 PM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:

> It's what I use to make my recordings. For what I've read, it does
> record on DualMono instead of stereo. but i cant confirm this.

I can confirm it. It's Dual Mono, not stereo on FM as well as with the
external input.

73, Rémy.






 
 
 
--
Paul
 


DX Pedro
 

WEll you do have the TECSUN ICR-110 & the TECSUN Q3. but they're
prices seem to have gone through the roof lately. worth checking, tho
i don't own any, i've contemplated them before the v155.

// pedro andrade

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 2:36 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@gmail.com> wrote:

Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 10:37 PM Rémy Friess <rfriess@rfnet.fr> wrote:


It's what I use to make my recordings. For what I've read, it does
record on DualMono instead of stereo. but i cant confirm this.
I can confirm it. It's Dual Mono, not stereo on FM as well as with the
external input.

73, Rémy.







--
Paul


Rémy Friess
 

Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.


DX Pedro
 

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@rfnet.fr> wrote:


Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.







Paul Blundell
 

Does it save the frequency in the file name or another way?


On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, 19:26 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
According to SWling i does:
https://swling.com/blog/2012/09/a-review-of-the-degen-de1129-portable-shortwave-radio/

// pedro andrade

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:
>
>
> Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
> > Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
> >
> I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






DX Pedro
 

Honestly i cant recall. it does create folders for different bands
recorded: FM, AM & SW, as far as i can remember.

// pedro andrade

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 1:05 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@gmail.com> wrote:

Does it save the frequency in the file name or another way?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, 19:26 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@gmail.com> wrote:

According to SWling i does:
https://swling.com/blog/2012/09/a-review-of-the-degen-de1129-portable-shortwave-radio/

// pedro andrade

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@rfnet.fr> wrote:


Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.










Paul Blundell
 

Thanks. I am mostly interested in how I can link a recording to a frequency so I don't need to keep a separate list of them as I make them.

Paul

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, 22:14 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
Honestly i cant recall. it does create folders for different bands
recorded: FM, AM & SW, as far as i can remember.

// pedro andrade

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 1:05 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
>
> Does it save the frequency in the file name or another way?
>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, 19:26 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
>>
>> According to SWling i does:
>> https://swling.com/blog/2012/09/a-review-of-the-degen-de1129-portable-shortwave-radio/
>>
>> // pedro andrade
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
>> > > Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
>> > >
>> > I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>






 

Once mine comes I can let you know.

 
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2021 at 8:01 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Question on Retekess V-115
Thanks. I am mostly interested in how I can link a recording to a frequency so I don't need to keep a separate list of them as I make them.
 
Paul
 
On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, 22:14 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
Honestly i cant recall. it does create folders for different bands
recorded: FM, AM & SW, as far as i can remember.

// pedro andrade

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 1:05 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
>
> Does it save the frequency in the file name or another way?
>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, 19:26 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
>>
>> According to SWling i does:
>> https://swling.com/blog/2012/09/a-review-of-the-degen-de1129-portable-shortwave-radio/
>>
>> // pedro andrade
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > Le 06/07/2021 à 03:35, Paul Blundell a écrit :
>> > > Any other radios that include off the air recording like this?
>> > >
>> > I believe the Degen DE1129 does, but I have not tested it.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>




 


 

My order was cancelled, what would be the best seller on eBay to use?


Paul Blundell
 

I ordered mine from here over the weekend: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/egodeals?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754


On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 AM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
My order was cancelled, what would be the best seller on eBay to use?



--
Paul


DX Pedro
 

I ordered mine on Retekess oficial aliexpress store. got it in portugal in about 4/6 days from spain.

// pedro andrade


On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:44 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
I ordered mine from here over the weekend: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/egodeals?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 AM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
My order was cancelled, what would be the best seller on eBay to use?



--
Paul


Paul Blundell
 

I didn't even think of that. Hopefully mine arrives soon.

Paul

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, 19:09 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
I ordered mine on Retekess oficial aliexpress store. got it in portugal in about 4/6 days from spain.

// pedro andrade


On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:44 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
I ordered mine from here over the weekend: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/egodeals?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:40 AM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
My order was cancelled, what would be the best seller on eBay to use?



--
Paul


Paul Blundell
 

So mine has arrived today, it is charging at the moment.
So far I have made sure it turns on but that is all. I will advise how it goes once I get a chance to test it.

Paul


DX Pedro
 

"Brace yourselves!" xD enjoy that little radio, Paul.

// pedro andrade


On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 7:08 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
So mine has arrived today, it is charging at the moment.
So far I have made sure it turns on but that is all. I will advise how it goes once I get a chance to test it.

Paul