Question about your mobile/remote DX'ing procedure.

Johnny

Hi all,

Regarding mobile/remote DX'ing (anywhere not in your house)

What (if anything?) do you use to assist with station identification?

When I am at home, I use the internet to some extent to assist with some of my ID's, but mobile/remote monitoring (depending on how remote) could make the use of the internet more difficult.

Would love your thoughts here, as I'm trying to really streamline my mobile/remote "kit" of items that I take with me.

Thanks!

Johnny

Stan Horzepa

Hi Johnny,

If you have an iPhone, there are two apps that I find helpful: for AM/MW DX, I use “AM Search” and for SW, I use “SWBC Sked.”

Good Luck,

Stan, WA1LOU
Wolcott, CT, USA

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 09:49:39 AM EDT, Johnny via groups.io <jlochey@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Regarding mobile/remote DX'ing (anywhere not in your house)

What (if anything?) do you use to assist with station identification?

When I am at home, I use the internet to some extent to assist with some of my ID's, but mobile/remote monitoring (depending on how remote) could make the use of the internet more difficult.

Would love your thoughts here, as I'm trying to really streamline my mobile/remote "kit" of items that I take with me.

Thanks!

Johnny

Johnny

Hi Stan,

Great information!  Thanks, I will install that one for sure.

I wonder if something like that exists for FM as well?

Thanks again!

Johnny

Stan Horzepa

The fellow who created AM Search also created FM Search, but he never updated the app, so it will not run on later (current) iPhones.

Too bad because I liked both his apps, but can only use AM Search now.

Stan, WA1LOU

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 10:12:00 AM EDT, Johnny via groups.io <jlochey@...> wrote:

Hi Stan,

Great information!  Thanks, I will install that one for sure.

I wonder if something like that exists for FM as well?

Thanks again!

Johnny

Johnny

Hi Stan,

Yes bummer about FM.

I downloaded the other two and they look like they will be VERY helpful while working mobile/remote.

Thank you!

Johnny

Paul Blundell

I know most stations by ear and from my lists I can tell which stations I am hearing. I also have internet access on my smart phone so that helps at times.

Paul

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021, 23:49 Johnny via groups.io, <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Regarding mobile/remote DX'ing (anywhere not in your house)

What (if anything?) do you use to assist with station identification?

When I am at home, I use the internet to some extent to assist with some of my ID's, but mobile/remote monitoring (depending on how remote) could make the use of the internet more difficult.

Would love your thoughts here, as I'm trying to really streamline my mobile/remote "kit" of items that I take with me.

Thanks!

Johnny

Frank Standford

Are any handbooks still in production? WRTH was a popular one.

Paul Blundell

As I am in Australia, I do my own research, mostly from the ACMA website, this group and some other groups I am a member of.