PortoDB

Paul Blundell

For a long time I have been looking for a way to log and store my ultralight DXing related information. Of late I had been using some paper log sheets and then transferring these to my custom database program on my laptop.

After using this method for the past year, I decided I was sick of the "double handling" and the errors / time delays this can bring. I was also finding that I was getting behind with my logs. Recently I was looking around and found this great (free) app for Android called PortoDB. I have now installed this on my phone and have setup a database.

A link to this is below and a how to guide.

Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portofarina.portodb&hl=en_US&gl=US

How to Guide:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-create-a-database-on-your-android-device-with-portodb/

Johnny

Thanks!  I have the same problem!

I'm trying this out!

Johnny

Gord Seifert

   Thank you. Absolutely brilliant! Fast, easy to use, with no unnecessary and confusing frills. I would like to be able to sort on a column from the pop up menu when long pressing on a column header, but other than that it seems perfect for me.

   Regards,
   Gord

Paul Blundell

Glad to hear you have found it useful. I am sure once I fully move to it I will find it solves a lot of my issues.
House moving for the next week or so and then I will be able to make great use of it.

Paul

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 1:37 AM Gord Seifert <gks61711@...> wrote:

   Thank you. Absolutely brilliant! Fast, easy to use, with no unnecessary and confusing frills. I would like to be able to sort on a column from the pop up menu when long pressing on a column header, but other than that it seems perfect for me.

   Regards,
   Gord

DX Pedro

What are the variables you punch in?
Thanks

--
// pedro andrade

Paul Blundell

I am still working on getting all the information I want logged but at this stage I am just doing frequency, callsign, location, type, power, logged, notes.

On Sat, 1 May 2021, 08:00 DX Pedro, <pmm.andrade@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info. Sadly, I’m not in Android. Will check for an iOS alternative

On Sat, 1 May 2021 at 08:49 Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
[...]

Pedro Porres

Thanks, Paul. I am testing it and I like it. Simple but useful, easy and intuitive handling.

Pedro Porres.
Córdoba, España.

Paul Blundell

Let's us know how you go and if it works as well.