Topics

Portable Ultralight Radio DXing - 6/03/2020

Paul Blundell

DATE: 6/03/2020
TIME: 7:45
RADIO: DIGITECH AR-1733
AERIAL: 3" BABY FSL
LOCATION: Preservation Bay, Penguin Tasmania

FREQ / STATION
SIGNAL
NOTES
531kHz - 3GG - VIC (Commercial 5k)
EXCELLENT
Great signal
594kHz - 3WV - VIC (National 50k)
EXCELLENT
Weather report
621kHz - 3RN - VIC (National 50k)
EXCELLENT

693kHz - 3AW - VIC (Commercial 5k)
GOOD
Ad for car yard
774kHz - 3LO - VIC (National 50k)
EXCELLENT

828kHz - 3GI - VIC (National 10k)
EXCELLENT

855kHz - 3CR - VIC (Community 3500k)
GOOD

927kHz - 3UZ - VIC (Commercial 5k)
WEAK
Racing results
1026kHz - 3PB - VIC (National 10k)
EXCELLENT
Weather warning
1341kHz - HPON - VIC (HPON 5k)
EXCELLENT

1377kHz - 3MP - VIC (Commercial 5k)
EXCELLENT

1422kHz - HPON - VIC (HPON 5k)
EXCELLENT

1503kHz - 3KND - VIC (Community 5k)
GOOD
Some mixing with 2BS

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

C B

Hi Paul,

Nice report! Great looking spot for DX, easy on the eyes, too!

73,

Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 12:46:08 PM HST, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael.2E0IHW

Fine Business, Paul!

How did you manage with all the QRM????

My AR-1733 doesn't do quite so well...

Michael UK

On 05/03/2020 22:46, Paul Blundell wrote:
DATE: 6/03/2020
TIME: 7:45
RADIO: DIGITECH AR-1733
AERIAL: 3" BABY FSL
LOCATION: Preservation Bay, Penguin Tasmania
531kHz - 3GG - VIC (Commercial 5k) EXCELLENT

594kHz - 3WV - VIC (National 50k) EXCELLENT

Thanks.

The QRM is not too much of an issue here.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 10:32 AM Michael.2E0IHW via Groups.Io <blumu=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Fine Business, Paul!

How did you manage with all the QRM????

My AR-1733 doesn't do quite so well...

Michael UK

On 05/03/2020 22:46, Paul Blundell wrote:

> DATE: 6/03/2020
> TIME: 7:45
> RADIO: DIGITECH AR-1733
> AERIAL: 3" BABY FSL
> LOCATION: Preservation Bay, Penguin Tasmania

> 531kHz - 3GG - VIC (Commercial 5k)  EXCELLENT
>
> 594kHz - 3WV - VIC (National 50k) EXCELLENT

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Paul Blundell

Thanks.

I am finding / testing new spots along this coast road as i find them, have the time and the weather is suitable.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 10:16 AM C B via Groups.Io <bevdxer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

radiojayallen

What a beautiful setting!

Paul Blundell

Thank you. Over the next few months I am planning a lot more like this.

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 1:46 a.m. radiojayallen, <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
What a beautiful setting!

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Gary DeBock

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 02:59 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
Thank you. Over the next few months I am planning a lot more like this.
Paul,

If you can plan a visit to an ocean beach like this around sunset, you will probably be amazed at the long range DX that will show up from the eastern direction.

In Hawaii I was using gear very similar to yours, and came away with loggings of Egypt, Cuba, Bonaire (Caribbean), Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. Stations like 558-Fiji and multiple Kiwis should be in play for you. Give it a try!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul Blundell

Thanks Gary. Two weeks until my mini DXExpedition.