Online Live Logging Website

Issac Quincey

I have an idea, I know some amateurs have this sort of system setup.

A live online logging website where in near real time, you can see what stations other people have logged recently. Would this idea work and would anybody be keen to add data to it? I have a background in web dev and have access to some server time on a AWS cluster which could be used.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jorge Garzón

Hi Isaac,
That's a great idea and it is already going on. It's called MWLIST and also FMLIST for higher bands. Access is free but you have to register to get the powerful tool it is:

J

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez "IberiaDX" 
(EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL · BDXC Member 1409) 
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W
San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPAÑA - SPAIN)
..................................................................................
Blog: IberiaDX  · Twitter: @IberiaDX

Paul Blundell

So people would post what stations they hear and others could look this up and see "John in XYZ heard ABC station at 10pm tonight"?
I can see some benefit to this but I wonder who would upload the data and if it would be a manual process or if it could be exported from a program?

I also wonder what the value of this would be? For me, I don't think many other people would be posting Australian stations and unless they are close to me, the value of knowing somebody 700km away heard a station which is only 300km from me is limited.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 12:04 PM Issac Quincey via groups.io <IssacQuincey=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have an idea, I know some amateurs have this sort of system setup.

A live online logging website where in near real time, you can see what stations other people have logged recently. Would this idea work and would anybody be keen to add data to it? I have a background in web dev and have access to some server time on a AWS cluster which could be used.

--
Paul

Jorge Garzón

MWLIST is a powerful tool designed to serve to DXers as a logbok, radio database and real-time catches. DXer can narrow its interest to the apropriate geographical area, check last-minute stations heard, or get station details. Lists, maps and info can easily be downloaded and shared eith others, if desired.
Most of the limits are at the listeners side, by chosing what he/she prefers to fullfill their needs.
J

..................................................................................

Issac Quincey

Thank you, I will check that out.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Friday, January 14th, 2022 at 7:35 PM, Jorge Garzón via groups.io <iberiaDX@...> wrote:
Hi Isaac,
That's a great idea and it is already going on. It's called MWLIST and also FMLIST for higher bands. Access is free but you have to register to get the powerful tool it is:

J