Off Topic but I have to share this :)

Peter 1956

1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID
My first MW station from Australia received here in Botswana. Fades up over Romania. ID "ABC News" @20:00 UTC 28th Aug 2021. Airspy HF+ Discovery, SDR Console V3, random wire with binocular balun. 1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID

Peter

Gary DeBock

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 12:07 PM, Peter 1956 wrote:
1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID
My first MW station from Australia received here in Botswana. Fades up over Romania. ID "ABC News" @20:00 UTC 28th Aug 2021. Airspy HF+ Discovery, SDR Console V3, random wire with binocular balun. 1152 AUS 6PB ABC NewsRadio Busselton 8469km with ID

Peter
Peter,

This isn't off topic-- breakthrough SDR DX gives us a hint of which stations are good targets for Ultralight DXing!

During the recent Rockwork Cliff DXpedition I was side by side with multiple SDR-DXers, and we gave each other tips about which DX stations to chase. The Ultralights + FSL's had a reception advantage on the extreme low band frequencies like 531 and 558 (one frequency at a time), while the SDR's + broadband loops excelled on the extreme high band.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Peter 1956

Thanks Gary
Peter

Paul Blundell

Well done.
2WG stops me from hearing 6PB from home. I do often keep an ear out for it.

Paul

Peter 1956

Thanks Paul
I also found 1296 6RN Wagin in parallel to 1152 with ABC News.

Peter