Topics

November 2019 Poipu, Hawaii Ultralight DXpedition Article

Gary DeBock

     In the first week of November two Americans and an Australian joined up on the prime Hawaiian beach of Poipu (Kauai) with an exciting agenda-- chase all corners of the world with a live DXing format. Australian Chris Rodgers brought along his Tecsun PL-880 and 20" PK Loop on the long distance flight from Sydney, while Craig Barnes and yours truly brought our "supercharged" CC Skywave Ultralights and 5" Frequent Flyer FSL antennas.
     For the first time in a Hawaii Ultralight DXpedition serious efforts were made both at sunrise and sunset, resulting in the reception of all continents except Europe on the ideally-positioned Poipu beach (one of few such spots in Hawaii). Chris, Craig and I gave it our best shot each sunrise and sunset, trying our best to concentrate on live DXing despite dazzling scenery, the best snorkeling beach in Kauai and famous luaus. We all had a blast, with the transoceanic DX incredible in both quality and quantity.
     My own personal 16-page DXpedition article has been posted at the link below, which includes MP3 links for 127 transoceanic receptions from Asia, Oceania, North America, South America and Africa. Several photos of the DXpedition team are included, as well as a bonus section of Chris' DXpedition loggings. If any of you are feeling bored with your DXing hobby, a quick trip to Hawaii will provide a permanent, thrilling cure!  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/lcuery0po9xk5s9lu2jqwwj1zk4wmmqf

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (DXing with Chris Rogers and Craig Barnes in Poipu from November 2-8, 2019)

Paul Blundell

Another amazing report Gary. I really hope to join you all one day.

Paul

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX