Non-Ultralight Radios?

Johnny

Hi all,

What would be a good group recommendation for discussion and loggings related to those radios that would not be considered Ultralight?

Thanks for the tip, I don't want to post non-ultralight information here of course.

Johnny

Gary DeBock

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 12:28 PM, Johnny wrote:
What would be a good group recommendation for discussion and loggings related to those radios that would not be considered Ultralight?

Thanks for the tip, I don't want to post non-ultralight information here of course.

Johnny
Johnny,

Any loggings or information concerning non-Ultralight live DXing portables is welcome on this site. I am the Owner/ Moderator of the group, so I should know :-)

My recent 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout article included 7 pages on the non-Ultralight XHDATA D-808 model, and I have used that model (as well as the CC Skywave) during all my ocean cliff DXpeditions for the past two years. Do I lose any sleep because the model isn't an "official" Ultralight? No.

"Official" Ultralight status is relevant only to the Awards and DXing Records programs, both of which have been in limo for years because of a lack of volunteers. Use whatever portable you feel comfortable with, and enjoy live DXing (and life) any way you wish.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Johnny

Hi Gary!

Great, thanks so much for the great background and information!

REALLY appreciate it.

Johnny  :)

Paul Blundell

Hi,

I am a member of these groups also:

I was a member of a few other groups but found that these few are about the best for me.

Paul