Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:54 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject: [UltralightDX] New Kmart Radio
I was recently looking on the Kmart website (for something totally different) and came across this radio. https://www.kmart.com.au/product/portable-radio---black/3468809

I can't find much about it online, does it look like any other "known" radio? for $20, I might just grab one and see how well it works.

Really just as an extra radio for my collection. I have a couple of manual tuning radios but they don't get as much use as the digital tuning ones.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 12:16 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
What are you planning on using this for? It sounds too cheap for what it is.

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:54 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
I was recently looking on the Kmart website (for something totally different) and came across this radio. https://www.kmart.com.au/product/portable-radio---black/3468809

I can't find much about it online, does it look like any other "known" radio? for $20, I might just grab one and see how well it works.

What radios do you have?
I am still looking, thinking something cheap off ebay until I decide if I want to stick to it or go back to my bigger radios. Getting out and about sounds great for me.

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:18 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] New Kmart Radio

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:54 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
I was recently looking on the Kmart website (for something totally different) and came across this radio. https://www.kmart.com.au/product/portable-radio---black/3468809

I can't find much about it online, does it look like any other "known" radio? for $20, I might just grab one and see how well it works.

Well I was finally able to see one of these in person. The build quality was poor and they looked very cheap so decided not to waste the money and left it on the shelf.

Sure sounds like you made the right call to not purchase it.

Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 2:26 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io