New Eton E100 Article Posted

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Gary DeBock and I have combined our efforts and produced an illustrated article that covers both disassembly and alignment of the Eton E100. Its replaced my recent disassembly-only article on the first page of the Ultralight files area of dxer.ca.

I should also mention that an E100 just went for $46.00 Friday night on ebay (to one of us, I hope) and there are several others available on the auction site, too. If I remember, they start at a slightly higher price, but still at a real discount from suggested retail price. This wonderful little radio has been discontinued by Eton, so if you think that you would like to have one, NOW IS THE TIME

John B. + Flocka Ultralights
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)

Brett Saylor <bds2@...>

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

Its big brother the E10 is excellent. At times Fry's has sold refurbs
on their web site for $29.99. That's where I got mine. It has a few
almost indistinguishable scratches on the display. The IF shift
feature is really clever and makes it more like dual conversion but it
is single conversion. At full price ($130.00) I don't think it's a
good value because for $20.00 more you can get an Eton/Grundig E5/G5,
which has SSB. The E10 does not.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Bryant" <bjohnorcas@...>
wrote:

Gary DeBock and I have combined our efforts and produced an
illustrated article that covers both disassembly and alignment of the
Eton E100. Its replaced my recent disassembly-only article on the
first page of the Ultralight files area of dxer.ca.

I should also mention that an E100 just went for $46.00 Friday night
on ebay (to one of us, I hope) and there are several others available
on the auction site, too. If I remember, they start at a slightly
higher price, but still at a real discount from suggested retail
price. This wonderful little radio has been discontinued by Eton, so
if you think that you would like to have one, NOW IS THE TIME

John B. + Flocka Ultralights
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array
(pre-production version)

C B

FYI,

Circuit City now has the Eton E5s on their website for
$99.99, with what appears to be a limited supply, at
least in the Denver area.

73

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO

[...]