My best AM catch of the year so far!

Johnny

Edited

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a cool "catch" that I got last night.  Probably not a big deal to most, but it was fun for me.

From my location in Tecumseh, Michigan, I was able to hear WBAP out of Fort Worth, Texas for quite some time last night.  The distance from my location and WBAP is almost 1000 miles (973)!

I heard it at 9:00 PM EST on 1/06/2022 (2:00 AM UTC on 1/07/2022) on my barefoot Eton Mini.

Thanks,

Johnny

Paul Blundell

Nice catch and thanks for sharing this.

Paul

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022, 5:38 am Johnny via groups.io, <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a cool "catch" that I got last night.  Probably not a big deal to most, but it was fun for me.

From my location in Tecumseh, Michigan, I was able to hear WBAP out of Fort Worth, Texas for quite some time last night.  The distance from my location and WBAP is almost 1000 miles (973)!

I heard it at 9:00 PM EST on 1/06/2022 (2:00 AM UTC on 1/07/2022) on my barefoot Eton Mini.

Thanks,

Johnny

Peter Laws

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 12:09 PM Johnny via groups.io
<jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a cool "catch" that I got last night. Probably not a big deal to most, but it was fun for me.
It's *all* cool - congrats!

Keep a log. Doesn't need to be fancy-shmancy, but
date/time/frequency/call and maybe some notes about the programming is
all you really need (but I bet you end up adding more items).

Peter

--
Peter Laws
Editor, DX Worldwide/Tropical Band DX column

Johnny

Thanks guys!

Yep, I keep a "temporary" paper log for when I'm traveling VERY light....

But for the most part it's all kept in Google Sheets.

Johnny

Peter Laws

If I catch something of note while in the car, I just email call/freq
to myself (after pulling off the road and placing the vehicle in park
and applying the parking brake OF COURSE) and use the email timestamp
when I add it to the "real" log.

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 1:01 PM Johnny via groups.io
<jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks guys!

Yep, I keep a "temporary" paper log for when I'm traveling VERY light....

But for the most part it's all kept in Google Sheets.

Johnny

Gary Vance

WBAP …Probably not a big deal to most

I don’t live too far from you and the last time I logged WBAP was November 2013.

WBAP used to be a nighttime regular here in Michigan.

I suspect the IBOC signal from 830 kHz WCCO Minneapolis MN has turned WBAP from an regularly heard station to a rarely heard station.

BTW, I think it is a big deal.

Congratulations.

73 Gary Vance

I just wanted to share a cool "catch" that I got last night.  Probably not a big deal to most, but it was fun for me.

From my location in Tecumseh, Michigan, I was able to hear WBAP out of Fort Worth, Texas for quite some time last night.  The distance from my location and WBAP is almost 1000 miles (973)!

I heard it at 9:00 PM EST on 1/06/2022 (2:00 AM UTC on 1/07/2022) on my barefoot Eton Mini.

Thanks,

Johnny

Johnny

Hey Peter,

Great idea on texting while mobile, some of my best catches have been with car radios!

Hey Gary,

Thanks, I appreciate that!  Very cool that WBAP is not so simple necessarily to receive, that makes me feel good!

Appreciate you both!

Issac Quincey

That is such a great idea. At times I am tuning around while on the road and sometimes hear stations which might be of interest later on.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.