Mobile Table Top

I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

Paul Blundell

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

How much did the parts cost? That looks like a good way to keep them at a good height.

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 2:15 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Mobile Table Top

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

It was built from an old towel rail and a scrap piece of MDF.

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 2:15 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

radiojayallen

I just use a regular folding card table...they cost around $30-$40 and are very rugged. The fact it folds up makes it easy to carry and store. I often go out into the back yard or drive to nearby parks and I bring this and a  folding chair with me. I also bring a large lazy susan which is big enough to hold a radio and antenna which makes the experience very deluxe feeling.

Jay

Phillip Fimiani

I bought a small table from Wallmart... 3 ft wide.... variable height. Use for a lot of things... Plastic table top is a bit slippery, it would need a cover or mat to make it non-slip.

Mortimer says "Stay Safe"
Best Regards
Phil
KD2HTN / WA2069SWL
Long: 34.210293 Lat:-78.057048
FM04xf 30dl
______________________________

--
73
Phil

Paul Blundell

That sounds like a great setup, do you have photos of it you could share?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:30 PM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
I just use a regular folding card table...they cost around $30-$40 and are very rugged. The fact it folds up makes it easy to carry and store. I often go out into the back yard or drive to nearby parks and I bring this and a  folding chair with me. I also bring a large lazy susan which is big enough to hold a radio and antenna which makes the experience very deluxe feeling.

Jay

You have done well with it. Does it weigh much? How many pounds?

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 7:18 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 2:15 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

Jay, that sounds like a great method and something I might be able to also try.

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 9:30 PM
From: "radiojayallen" <radiojayallen@...>
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
I just use a regular folding card table...they cost around $30-$40 and are very rugged. The fact it folds up makes it easy to carry and store. I often go out into the back yard or drive to nearby parks and I bring this and a  folding chair with me. I also bring a large lazy susan which is big enough to hold a radio and antenna which makes the experience very deluxe feeling.

Jay

Paul Blundell

It has a bit of weight (to stop it falling over). I am not home at the moment so can't give you a weight.

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 7:18 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 2:15 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
I am really very excited about being able to spend some more time outside on the air.
Has anybody had a look at a way to make a table top that can be moved around from the radio shack to the yard and even take it on a road trip. I am guessing it would need to be foldable or break down easily. EBAY has not given me many choices.

radiojayallen

I just googled Folding Card Table and found several with widely varying prices but the basic tables start at $30 and go up. Mine is a Samsonite which is about 30 years old and it has a vinyl soft top which is perfect.