Malachite DSP Software Defined Radio

Dean wayman

Hi
Anyone have one of these and who can I trust to get one from ?  I ordered one from china ,package arrived today with some kind of a red thing made from silk thread i think ?  tree ornament ?

I always had good luck getting stuff from there I dunno what happened here .

I'll probably get to eat the purchase but I still would like to have one just for fun .

There's a sucker born every minute i guess ?

Thanks
Dean

Paul Blundell

I have not had much luck with orders from overseas of late, sadly I think Covid has a lot to do with this :(

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:36 AM Dean wayman <dx_plains@...> wrote:
Hi
Anyone have one of these and who can I trust to get one from ?  I ordered one from china ,package arrived today with some kind of a red thing made from silk thread i think ?  tree ornament ?

I always had good luck getting stuff from there I dunno what happened here .

I'll probably get to eat the purchase but I still would like to have one just for fun .

There's a sucker born every minute i guess ?

Thanks
Dean

jcfontario

Paul, why do you say that COVID has been affecting your overseas orders? Are there any countries in particular? I have nt noticed any problems.

Thanks,

John

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 7:50 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
I have not had much luck with orders from overseas of late, sadly I think Covid has a lot to do with this :(

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:36 AM Dean wayman <dx_plains@...> wrote:
Hi
Anyone have one of these and who can I trust to get one from ?  I ordered one from china ,package arrived today with some kind of a red thing made from silk thread i think ?  tree ornament ?

I always had good luck getting stuff from there I dunno what happened here .

I'll probably get to eat the purchase but I still would like to have one just for fun .

There's a sucker born every minute i guess ?

Thanks
Dean

Things taking a long time to arrive and I have had a few items arrive faulty, more so than in the past.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:53 AM jcfontario <jcfontario@...> wrote:
[...]

David McCormick

Dean,

I’ve ordered from that seller before. I think I have three of those tassels now. That gets sent first, then a few days later, the radio arrived. As for the SDR, with a MLA-30+ antenna it works great on shortwave. YMMV on the other bands. LW/BCB is a bust. Best of luck. Send me an email if you have questions later.

Dave M.

On Jul 20, 2021, at 10:16 PM, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reply :

Yup I finally got that figured out after several hours of Regret ? and the radio got here 3 days after the tassle thingy .

So far it seems good on SW at least around the 5000"s as for LW &Mw it's pretty dead but I think I just need to find the antenna setup that works well with it .
The swivel on the antenna was very tight and even though I was very careful i busted the thing off today so Iv'e been trying a few things today ,I have an idea to hook up and old loop stick I have ,but don't have any idea how to attach it to the SMA connection yet ,I'll have to try a few things .

I'm  kinda disappointed by the hash the screen put's into it but i guess being small/cheap that's to be expected.Maybe someday there will be a 4" screen version with full features ?

We can only hope ,I might try to get one of the real Russian ones soon .
Dean

John

The Belka DX is an amazingly good receiver for not much more money.