Make the most of what you've got!

Mark

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share a very crude little antenna that I cobbled together this evening, whilst staying at a relatives in the spare bedroom!

A small 2 core piece of wire, 5 minutes and a few bits of tape, was all it took to knock up a very makeshift little 4.9ft boost to my R-108's SW signal!

Hobbies are about having fun and sometimes not taking things overly seriously. I enjoyed playing around with this tonight and in fact, the results are really not bad at all!

All the best,
M.

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the photo. That really shows what our hobby is about, making things "work" and having fun.

Paul

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 7:36 AM M.I.H.0 via groups.io <metagenetics=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

I just thought I'd share a very crude little antenna that I cobbled together this evening, whilst staying at a relatives in the spare bedroom!

A small 2 core piece of wire, 5 minutes and a few bits of tape, was all it took to knock up a very makeshift little 4.9ft boost to my R-108's SW signal!

Hobbies are about having fun and sometimes not taking things overly seriously. I enjoyed playing around with this tonight and in fact, the results are really not bad at all!

All the best,
M.

kevin asato

i do similar with a 300 Ohm (twinlead) FM dipole antenna that i take with me on travel - i use it for FM, Air Band, Marine/WX, and 2 Meters RX as well. i carry a small TV type balun (300 Ohm to 75 Ohm) to connect to radios with coax input. Works well enough. i usually tape mine up to the hotel window. Unfortunately, in many locations, the room Air Con is normally below the window so there is added noise when the unit is turned on.

i suppose i can also transmit through the antenna as well if i fabricate some sort of matching network. . . .
73,
kevin
kc6pob