LTDXBeaconProject (Long Term DX Beacon Project)

Paul Blundell

Following on from my “Long Term DXing Project”, which I have been running since early 2021, I have now designed my next project, the  LTDXBeaconProject (Long Term DX Beacon Project). This will run from now until the end of 2022. The idea behind this is again to log the same ten stations at various times and at various locations across the year and log the signal level out of five for each one.

0 = Unlogged

1 = Poor

2 = Weak

3 = Average

4 = Good

5 = Excellent

I have picked ten stations from across Australia, these are a mix of:

NSW x 4
VIC X 1

ACT x 1
QLD x 3

SA x 1

Each station is chosen as it provides a mix of locations, power levels, frequencies and distances.

FREQ

CALLSIGN

POWER

DISTANCE

549

2CR

50000

953km

612

4QR

50000

1657km

711

4QW

10000

1497km

891

5AN

50000

1027km

1053

2CA

5000

712km

1170

2CH

10000

911km

1233

2NC

10000

1039km

1341

HPON GEEL

5000

427km

1440

1EA

2000

711km

1548

4QD

50000

1995km

I have also created a database using an Android app called PortaDB, an example logging of this can be seen below.

https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2021/11/ltdxbeaconproject-long-term-dx-beacon.html