LONG TERM DX Projects

I have seen more than a few posts about this while looking over some of the group messages. What is it all about? Can I join in?

In the past I chased QSL cards, is it like that?

Paul Blundell

I have ran a few DX challenges and projects in the past.

This one is where I log the same 10 stations at different times and days and keep a record of the signal strength. It is only for my own enjoyment.

At times I run seperate ones which are more for focused, I am about to start one to log all commercial stations within 400 miles of my location.

I am happy to assist anybody who wants to run their own, including help with research and development of it.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 15:48 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:

I have seen more than a few posts about this while looking over some of the group messages. What is it all about? Can I join in?

In the past I chased QSL cards, is it like that?

Could you help me?

Paul Blundell

What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

I would like to aim for all stations, how do you find your lists?

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] LONG TERM DX Projects
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

Paul Blundell

I search on the ACMA database and also get information off this group and other groups.
What state are you in and I can help with a list to start with.

Paul

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

I am not in your country. I was more asking about how you do yours, I can get my own list.

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

Do you mean the process of logging the stations or more how I decide what to log in the first place?

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

I was looking at more your thought process and how you decide on what to log and basically how your challenges came about?

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

It really depends on my mood but normally they come about due to me wanting to target / focus my loggings.

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

Have you had much luck with them? What is your current one?

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
What area are you in? I can help with some research.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 09:41 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Could you help me?

I am still running my "long term dx project" which is for logging the same 10 stations over a period of time. I have also just started my DX400 challenge which is targeting commercial stations within 400 miles of my location.

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM