From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Steve Ponder <sponderdx@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 4:50 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>
Subject: [UltralightDX] KWKH 1130 The Tiger - Strong Signal into SE Houston

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: All - Forgot to include my signature lines in my original post.]

Listening to KWKH 1130 Shreveport, LA - “1130 The Tiger Fox Sports Shreveport Louisiana” - booming signals at 1837 CDT on 20 Feb 2020. I’m using my new Dreamsky DS-213 that I bought on Amazon for less than $10. It’s a DSP radio. Just heard a local ID at 1845 PM, “1130 The Tiger  - Your Only Place for LSU Sports.”

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX

Steve Ponder

Thanks for the reply. I also liked KWKH better when they used the country format. I grew up in the Shreveport-Bossier City area, so listening to country music on KWKH was a given. KWKH was my father’s favorite station. It was the go-to station for news, weather, and information for the Ark-La-Tex back in the day.

KWKH’s studios are located just off Interstate 20 west of Shreveport, while their transmitter site is located in north Caddo Parish off of Interstate 49. They have 3 towers. They use one for Daytime operation and all three for Nighttime operation.

73 and Good DX,

Steve Ponder N5WBI

Houston TX

Xs Max