KRLD 1080 Dallas Logged In Alaska!

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

And here's my audio of KRLD 1080, 3260 miles away on Thursday February 11th at 1004pm AK Time (0704UTC/1204am central Fri Feb 12th)

You'll hear traffic and weather during a pretty decent signal with very clear mentions of KRLD. Audio:

Paul Walker
CC Skywave
5" DeBock FSL antenna

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:20 PM Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting@...> wrote:
1000pm tonight with legal id and CBS news .. kinda weak mixing with KFXX Portland OR.. but about 1003pm it POUNDS in for 2 Ian minutes with local traffic and weather

Paul Walker
CC Skywave and 5” DeBock FSL loop

radiojayallen

Wow...impressive. I used to work at WTIC 1080 in Hartford, CT back when CBS owned both us and KRLD. EAch station was slightly directional at night to protect the other and KRLD's nighttime pattern somewhat favors you in Alaska. Occasionally I would hear them in Hartford during our antenna pattern change when we would be off the air for a second or two but that was rare.

Jay

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Thanks, Jay.. WTIC was one of the two stations I listened to growing up.. that and WDRC-FM made  wanna get into radio and I've been doing it 18 years now.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 6:45 AM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
Wow...impressive. I used to work at WTIC 1080 in Hartford, CT back when CBS owned both us and KRLD. EAch station was slightly directional at night to protect the other and KRLD's nighttime pattern somewhat favors you in Alaska. Occasionally I would hear them in Hartford during our antenna pattern change when we would be off the air for a second or two but that was rare.

Jay

Russ Edmunds

Jay - were you there at all when Hal Dorschug was the CE ?

Russ Edmunds

WB2BJH

Blue Bell, PA

Grid FN20id

Thanks, Jay.. WTIC was one of the two stations I listened to growing up.. that and WDRC-FM made  wanna get into radio and I've been doing it 18 years now.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 6:45 AM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
Wow...impressive. I used to work at WTIC 1080 in Hartford, CT back when CBS owned both us and KRLD. EAch station was slightly directional at night to protect the other and KRLD's nighttime pattern somewhat favors you in Alaska. Occasionally I would hear them in Hartford during our antenna pattern change when we would be off the air for a second or two but that was rare.

Jay

radiojayallen

Sorry, I don't recognize that name. I was with CBS from 1994 to 2016 and 'TIC became part of our group and moved form the Gold Building in Downtown Hartford to our Farmington facility a few years later...maybe around 1996 or so.. Hal must have been at WTIC earlier than that.

Jay

Russ Edmunds

He was - I met him at TIC downtown for a tour at some point in the first half of the 1970's. He had been a college classmate of my father's, on a trip ultimately to Boston.

Russ Edmunds

WB2BJH

Blue Bell, PA

Grid FN20id