Topics

Is Tecsun DR-910 still a turkey?

dwight richardson

Back 8-9 years there are post about the Tecsun DR-910 being a turkey. They are listed new on eBay @ $19.99 with free shipping.  Have any of you learned radio sages played with these enough to know of  easy adjustments or mods to improve performance on MW?  There is also a DR-920C sited at $23.80?  Both digital analog. I don’ think either is PLL.  So is it worth the effort or would it be wise to pass them up because they are cheap for a reason?  Also, JIC anyone is interested, there is a listing for a pre-owned Tecsun PL-757.  This is the only one I have ever seen listed.  Non-US market?  Any potential in the 757s either. Thanks.
--
Bob Richardson

keith beesley

I used a 910 for several years, now MIA. Mine was very good on MW and SW, not so good on FM if that matters. I took it along on a vacation trip to Idaho, and it was pulling in stations at night from all over the western US and Canada. Of course, it didn't have the tuning accuracy of the all-digital models, but good for the price.

I never had a 920.

Keith Beesley
Seattle WA USA

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 10:06:48 AM PDT, dwight richardson <rdrala77@...> wrote:

Back 8-9 years there are post about the Tecsun DR-910 being a turkey. They are listed new on eBay @ $19.99 with free shipping.  Have any of you learned radio sages played with these enough to know of  easy adjustments or mods to improve performance on MW?  There is also a DR-920C sited at $23.80?  Both digital analog. I don’ think either is PLL.  So is it worth the effort or would it be wise to pass them up because they are cheap for a reason?  Also, JIC anyone is interested, there is a listing for a pre-owned Tecsun PL-757.  This is the only one I have ever seen listed.  Non-US market?  Any potential in the 757s either. Thanks.
--
Bob Richardson

dwight richardson

Thanks Keith. And for what it’s worth (JIC anyone is interested) the 910 has a thumb wheel ala pl-310. The 920 has knob ala pl-380.
--
Bob Richardson