Interesting?

FenDrifter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATS100-Radio-Receiver-SI4732-Portable-Receiver-FM-RDS-AM-LW-MW-SW-SSB-/234263258912?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

An odd little beast whose initial drawback is built in battery. I’d be interested to hear other opinions please.

Drifter

David McCormick

Great concept. Radio firmware is “Beta”, no manual frequency adjust implemented “yet”, ALL band setting says “TUDO” <Portuguese>, RDS display is tiny and in red, hard to read. A sketch is available but not supported. Buyer beware.

73’s,
David K9DV

On Feb 1, 2022, at 9:57 AM, FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman@...> wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATS100-Radio-Receiver-SI4732-Portable-Receiver-FM-RDS-AM-LW-MW-SW-SSB-/234263258912?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

An odd little beast whose initial drawback is built in battery. I’d be interested to hear other opinions please.

Drifter

FenDrifter

Thanks for those insights David, very informative. I for one have no intention of buying one, certainly at that price!

Drifter

h. garcia

Hello everyone.

The UI and control firmware that took by storm all these recent DIY or pre-built receivers based on SiLabs has been developed by PU2CLR Ricardo Caratti in Brazil. I'd be surprised if Portuguese was included in the UI code.

Ricardo keeps two Facebook groups, another Groups.io reflector and a GitHub repo for the project. It's got a lot of traction and love from other RF and programming experimenters.

https://github.com/pu2clr/SI4735

Paul Blundell

It does look / sound very interesting, I might have to check one out.

Paul

David McCormick

On Feb 3, 2022, at 5:04 PM, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

It does look / sound very interesting, I might have to check one out.

Paul

Issac Quincey

Would that be classed as an ultralight? It sounds awesome.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.