How Do You Record???

Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Hi,

Mr freeze your Nuggets off to Dx here

I have a zoom h1 digital recorder being fed to its line input by the headphone jack of my Tecsun pl880.  The zoom h1 has a line out jack I have headphones plugged into. You can listen even when not recording, it will pass audio

Each file on the SD card is 001, 002, etc

I send a text to myself every time I hit record

“11780 Brazil 625pm”

No paper required, not carrying much extra on you and it’s easy.

Paul

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 8:02 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

Tony Magon

RecAll Pro

Regards

Tony Magon

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:05 PM Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting@...> wrote:
Hi,

Mr freeze your Nuggets off to Dx here

I have a zoom h1 digital recorder being fed to its line input by the headphone jack of my Tecsun pl880.  The zoom h1 has a line out jack I have headphones plugged into. You can listen even when not recording, it will pass audio

Each file on the SD card is 001, 002, etc

I send a text to myself every time I hit record

“11780 Brazil 625pm”

No paper required, not carrying much extra on you and it’s easy.

Paul

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 8:02 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

Paul Blundell

I use a program called MWDXerDB, I wrote this myself: https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2021/06/software-mwdxerdb.html

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:02 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

That's a good idea Paul, your experience with this shows that it must be a good method in your environment.

[...]

And in the extreme cold I will often have hand warmer packets in my pants and jacket pocket to keep the recorder warm.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 8:47 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
[...]

Very cool, is it free or paid?

Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:45 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] How Do You Record???
I use a program called MWDXerDB, I wrote this myself: https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2021/06/software-mwdxerdb.html

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:02 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

The batteries are always an issue when they get cold, good idea.

Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:48 PM
From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io

[...]

100% free.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 4:53 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Very cool, is it free or paid?

Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:45 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
I use a program called MWDXerDB, I wrote this myself: https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2021/06/software-mwdxerdb.html

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:02 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Are we all using pen and paper or has anybody got a good method for logging stations and callsigns on a LAPTOP computer? I have both an iPad and small laptop if either could be used. As my income is limited, FREE is best.

I can see a couple of 9k spacing logs sheets, does anybody have a 10k one?

Paul Blundell

All of mine are 9k but it wouldn't be hard to create a 10khz one if one does not already exist on the group.