Hi From Michigan, USA

Johnny

Hi all,

Just joined the group!  Have absolutely loved radios my whole life!

Getting back into AM ultralight DX'ing with my CCrane pocket, CCrane Skywave and Tecsun Pl-380.

Really enjoying reading all the posts!

Question #1
Are there any current "competitions" going on?

Question #2
Any online groups that I should join or subscribe to (magazines, etc) other than this group?

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

Paul Blundell

Welcome to the group. I am sure you will find us a welcoming and helpful group.

We have a couple of award programs which are on-going, I completed these in my early days.

We are the main focus group for the Ultra Light side of the hobby, I am a member of about 12 different "radio" groups.

Paul

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:20 AM John Lochey via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Getting back into AM ultralight DX'ing with my CCrane pocket, CCrane Skywave and Tecsun Pl-380.

Question #1

Question #2
Any online groups that I should join or subscribe to (magazines, etc) other than this group?

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

Arthur Samel

welcome to the group

Paul what are the award programs ?

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Apr 26, 2021 8:10 pm
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Hi From Michigan, USA

We have a couple of award programs which are on-going, I completed these in my early days.

We are the main focus group for the Ultra Light side of the hobby, I am a member of about 12 different "radio" groups.

Paul

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:20 AM John Lochey via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

Phil Bytheway

Just FYI. This year's IRCA DX contest (domestic and foreign) is going on through May 31.... Each year, the IRCA has a contest for DXers.

philb

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 5:10 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

Paul

Hi all,

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

Paul Blundell

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:13 AM Arthur Samel via groups.io <avram911=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
welcome to the group

Paul

Hi all,

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

--
Paul

Gary DeBock

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 04:19 PM, John Lochey wrote:
Hi all,

Question #1
Hi Johnny,

As for "competitions," (although your meaning isn't completely clear), if you are looking for competitions between Ultralight radios, your timing is phenomenal.

The 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout (pictured) should be completed in a about a week (35+ pages), and will include extremely detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808 (not an "official" Ultralight, by the way), Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (both versions), Tecsun PL-330 and Tecsun PL-380. They are in the final "shootout" process now-- and a couple of them have already bitten the dust on various bands (AM, FM, SW and AIR).

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Mike Sanburn

John, hello and welcome to the UltralightDX group. I especially like your comment that you have lovedradios your whole life! ( Ditto here ). 
I will echo Phil’s comment about the International Radio Club of America. We have an annual contest which is always fun. Check out our Facebook page and visit our website for membership info:  www.ircaonline.org 

Mike Sanburn. KG6LJU. Lakewood CA

From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Phil Bytheway <phil.bytheway@...>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 5:15 PM
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io <main@ultralightdx.groups.io>

Just FYI. This year's IRCA DX contest (domestic and foreign) is going on through May 31.... Each year, the IRCA has a contest for DXers.

philb

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 5:10 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

Paul

Hi all,

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

Paul Blundell

Johnny

Hi Mike,

Thanks!  Just rejoined the IRCA a few mins ago!  Thanks for the reminder.

Just getting back into the "scene" after some time away.

Johnny

Johnny

Thanks so much everyone for your help and the links sent.

Johnny

Peter Laws

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 10:25 AM John Lochey via groups.io
<jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks! Just rejoined the IRCA a few mins ago! Thanks for the reminder.
IRCA has the best dues structure in all of Hobby Radio! :-D

And we have a very good newsletter.

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!

Mike Sanburn

Great! That is so awesome. BCB DX is such a fun hobby. I’m actually hosting this years IRCA convention in Anaheim CA the weekend of June 10-12.  Should be fun no mater how many or few show up. Have a great Wednesday and good DX.

Mike Sanburn 

From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of John Lochey via groups.io <jlochey@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:25 AM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>

Hi Mike,

Thanks!  Just rejoined the IRCA a few mins ago!  Thanks for the reminder.

Just getting back into the "scene" after some time away.

Johnny

DX Pedro

Sad I don’t see the 310et in the mix for the shootout, particularly after watching a few head to head between it and the radiwow on YouTube by a Turkish gentleman. I’ll always battle for my boy: 310et ;))
Kidding aside I’ll be waiting for that result.
73s

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 01:34 Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 04:19 PM, John Lochey wrote:
Hi all,

Question #1
Hi Johnny,

As for "competitions," (although your meaning isn't completely clear), if you are looking for competitions between Ultralight radios, your timing is phenomenal.

The 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout (pictured) should be completed in a about a week (35+ pages), and will include extremely detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808 (not an "official" Ultralight, by the way), Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (both versions), Tecsun PL-330 and Tecsun PL-380. They are in the final "shootout" process now-- and a couple of them have already bitten the dust on various bands (AM, FM, SW and AIR).

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

--
// pedro andrade

DX Pedro

Thanks for the reference, mate 

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 01:17 Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:13 AM Arthur Samel via groups.io <avram911=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
welcome to the group

Paul

Hi all,

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks!

Johnny (KC8JDI)

--
Paul

--
Paul

--
// pedro andrade