Topics

Fw:

Dean wayman

Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:08 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject:
Found u 😋

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 Glad i found the group again .I've been away for a few years ,but I've been busy at times fooling around with various FSL and other antenna"s. Since I was last here I have built 5 FSL loop's, Because of the lack of Ferrite  over time 2 of those have sacrificed their parts to build other loop"s.

The largest loop ( 8 inch red Litz ) Tunes from 150-1700 Khz. with some vodoo from several fixed caps  and a gang switch  ,😋

The middle loop (blue litz ) is just for MW freqs.

The small loop (3 inch blue litz) tunes from about 250- 1710 Khz

At the moment I'm working on a new design involving Ferrite rods ,And using a very high Q capacitor .I finished the mock-up phase and did a little testing yesterday AM ,I found some interesting results ,More on this later at some point.

Several years ago Steve Ratslaff (sry spelling) and I , talked back and forth ,at the time I was building the biggest loop ,and he gave my great advice to achieve my objective ,of course over time I've lost his e.mail  etc .   Hope he is still around ?

Just finished watching Gary's Convention speech I hope there will be a Part 2 ?

Glad to be back in the loop 😋

Thanks Gary ,,,,,,,All

Dean W.

Phil EVG

hi
Would it be feasible to upgrade small commercial loops like the Select A Tenna, Terk AM-1000(Advantage)
& the Tecsun/Kaito AN 100/AN 200 by placing short rods around the circumference

Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:08 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject:
[...]

Michael.2E0IHW

Good to see your images, Dean!
The range 150-1700kHz raises a query:
how well do they work a bit higher, ie
for reception of amateur/ham signals in
the 16m band?

In urban areas, interference levels can
be so high as to thwart working on 160m.
Using a "regular" dipole for tx and a
remote FSL for receive might be an option.
A magloop can do this, but needs to be
quite large. Although heavy, a FSL might
offer greater feasibility - if if works :-)

Michael

On 27/10/2019 02:41, dean wayman wrote:
The largest loop ( 8 inch red Litz ) Tunes from 150-1700 Khz....
The middle loop (blue litz ) is just for MW freqs.
The small loop (3 inch blue litz) tunes from about 250- 1710 Khz
Glad to be back in the loop 😋
Dean W.

Dean wayman

Hi:

Phil , as a matter of fact that was going to be my next experiment I have the AN 200 that i can sacrifice . hopefully soon I'll get to it ?

Dean

Dean wayman

Hi Michael :

At this point I'd  be just guessing,all my building has been focused on MW and below ,, but it should be possible to make a FSL that tunes those freq"s?
Surely some one else has more experience here .

Dean

Paul Blundell

Not something I have done but keen to see how it works out.

Paul

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Dean wayman <dx_plains@...> wrote:
Hi Michael :

At this point I'd  be just guessing,all my building has been focused on MW and below ,, but it should be possible to make a FSL that tunes those freq"s?
Surely some one else has more experience here .

Dean

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Michael.2E0IHW

I assume the main issue would be performance at 160m of ferrite
rods nominally designed for lower BC frequencies. It would
be interesting to know if anyone has tried it. I had an offer
of ferrites some time back, but my pocket-money fell woely short
of the asking price :-)

Michael

https://tassieradiorxer.blogspot.com/
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Dean wayman wrote:
At this point I'd  be just guessing,all my building has been focused
on MW and below ,, but it should be possible to make a FSL that
tunes those freq"s?
Surely some one else has more experience here .
Dean

Marc Coevoet

Op 28/10/19 om 09:37 schreef Michael.2E0IHW via Groups.Io:
I assume the main issue would be performance at 160m of ferrite
rods nominally designed for lower BC frequencies. It would
be interesting to know if anyone has tried it. I had an offer
of ferrites some time back, but my pocket-money fell woely short
of the asking price :-)
Michael
I've had a small SW/AM tuner from "Crown", that performed well with its ferrite from 1.6-6,2Mhz ...

AM and two SW bands!

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)