Topics

FSL and Radio Stand

Paul Blundell

I am looking for a portable method for using my 3" FSL and radios while out and about.

I have seen the stands that Gary uses, I was think something like a camera tripod, would this be too heavy for that?

Ideally a portable table / stand would be great, does anybody have any ideas?

Paul
https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com

Paul S. in CT

If you go the route of using a camera tripod, I recommend a Slik 500G model. These are less than two pounds (1kg) and collapse into a 10cm by 10cm by 40cm box. (4" x 4" x 16"). I've owned one for 35+ years, and are indispensable for photo use. You will need to fashion a camera mount. Look in the second-hand shops or try eBay. I still see these at the latter for $25-35 US. When I bought mine new, they were of the same pricing. BTW and OT... if you have a smartphone, adapters are made for a camera tripod.

Regards
Paul S. in CT FN31nl

Paul Blundell

Thanks Paul.

I just had a look at that, it only has a 1KG weight limit, between my 3" FSL, radio and the weight of the MDF on to the top to hold it all, I am going to be well over that.