Faults with the Tecsun PL-330.

Rémy Friess

Hi everyone out there and Merry Christmas to You,

I think I have found several faults with the Tecsun PL-330.

1/ On the MW band, when switching from the internal to the external antenna everything is OK, but when switching back to the ferrite rod, the set often gives only noise. It seems the software crashes. You have to witch off the set and back on again to make it work properly.

2/ I have calibrated the SSB system. On USB it remained calibrated after a week, but on LSB I have to re-calibrate it after a while. Of course the sync-detector compensates that offset.

3/ Once it is calibrated it is accurate on USB from the MW band up to the high end of the SW band, but on LSB when accurate on one end it is inaccurate on the other.

73, Rémy.

radiojayallen

I have found the calibration feature on these to only be accurate within a certain frequency range. Go beyond that and it has to be redone.

Rémy Friess

As I said before mine is accurate on USB throughout the SW range, not on LSB. As ever so often with Chinese gear there are no two identical sets. They manufacture very good radios, but quality control leaves much to be desired.