Farthest US DX logging so far in 2022 - Eton Elite Mini

Johnny

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a notable log entry that I was able to receive last night on the tiny Eton/Grundig Elite Mini.

The "Voice of Amarillo" in Amarillo, Texas, 940 KIXZ.

This station was broadcasting on nighttime power of 1000 watts at a location of 1071 miles from my location.

This is my farthest US DX logging so far in 2022.

I had to sit on this frequency for about 30 mins, off and on to log it accurately.

Johnny

Peter Laws

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 11:46 AM Johnny via groups.io
<jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The "Voice of Amarillo" in Amarillo, Texas, 940 KIXZ.

This station was broadcasting on nighttime power of 1000 watts at a location of 1071 miles from my location.

1000 W station at that distance is pretty cool. What *is* your location?

Johnny

Hi Peter,

Thanks!  I appreciate your response!

My location is very south in the state of Michigan, US.

Johnny

Hi all,

One more logging last night to beat my personal 2022 record...

AM 1060 @ 21:14 EST - KFIT - "Gospel 1060" - Lockhart, Texas - 1133 miles from my location

Radio:  Eton Elite Mini

Johnny

Paul Blundell

Nice loggings Johnny, my record for 2022 is about 1900km.

Issac Quincey

I am sitting at 900km. I have not been able to give it the time I want to.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Nice loggings Johnny, my record for 2022 is about 1900km.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

My all time worldwide record is 13,000km. My all time North America record is about 7000km