Topics

DX750 - 1494kHz - 2AY

Paul Blundell

While undertaking my DX750 project, I have come across a strange situation. 2AY on 1494kHz seems to be MIA.
Over the past few days and nights, I have been trying to hunt this down with no luck so far, it is the only station in Australia on this frequency (black circle) and I am able to hear other stations which are close to this in frequency (green circles)

Does anybody know if they are having issues or have gone off the air?

Paul

Dan Merta

Hi Paul
There's nothing about a closure on it's website. And the live stream is working. I'll try to listen from my Melb QTH tonight.
It usually doesn't come into here very well.
Dan.

Paul Blundell

Thanks Dan. I have logged it in the past.
Last night I tried with my 3" FSL, still nothing.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 12:51 PM Dan Merta <dnmerta0@...> wrote:
Hi Paul
There's nothing about a closure on it's website. And the live stream is working. I'll try to listen from my Melb QTH tonight.
It usually doesn't come into here very well.
Dan.

Chris Rogers

I can confirm 2AY is still on 1494. Good signals at my house in Melbourne.

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the information.
I had a good listen last night and was able to confirm this via call sign around 11:15pm. The night before I had nothing, this was around the same time.

Paul