"Disco Inferno" On 1107kHz In Alaska!

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

From 1441UTC this morning, this was just a stellar signal from the 5KW transmitter 7125 miles away in Tauranga, NZ... this is as far as I can go before I start taking a trip back towards myself!

Paul Walker
McGrath, Alaska
CC Skywave and 5" DeBock AmazeBalls FSL Antenna

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

I have Magic Talk 1107 again this Sunday morning a 1440UTC, and they’re running talk.  It doesn’t cut through the slip as well

They apparently do music n weekend evenings.

Paul.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 3:49 PM Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting@...> wrote:
From 1441UTC this morning, this was just a stellar signal from the 5KW transmitter 7125 miles away in Tauranga, NZ... this is as far as I can go before I start taking a trip back towards myself!

Paul Walker
McGrath, Alaska
CC Skywave and 5" DeBock AmazeBalls FSL Antenna

K7DWI Art

Recently revived my Gerrard Turntable.
I didn't want to injure a good album testing it out.
So I picked up my "Saturday Night Fever" album and put on "Disco Inferno" 😁
By the way, the Tecsun, Kaito and my Radio Shack (I have that one) MW Loops works great with the Pioneer.
Hoping the weather clears out (snowing today) to have a good DXing session before FM BC begins.
73 Art

Gary DeBock

Paul's 1107-Magic Talk clip from 1441 UTC on March 13th (at 7,250 miles on a 5 inch antenna) was already awesome... but if you are going to record a classic Disco-Era tune like that, you definitely need a strong, punchy bass line to fit in with the genre!

I've taken the liberty of providing that for Paul on his 1107 MP3-- with a little audio processing from the Audacity program  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/94unt9038m11uaq3csc9elrprx0zsfh0
Rock on!

Gary