Belka-DX receiver review

Jorge Garzón

Edited

I have just tested the Belka-DX receiver on the Medium Wave range included and I am very impressed indeed. I have posted this in my blog in case you are interested (in Spanish with some videos in English)...

The post includes a full downloadable link to the User's Manual in Spanish.

Could this rig be consider a true ULR with its mere 8,4x5x2 cm?

¡Buen DX!

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez "IberiaDX" 
(EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL · BDXC Member 1409) 
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W
San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPAÑA - SPAIN)
..................................................................................
Blog: IberiaDX  · Twitter: @IberiaDX

Peter 1956

Muchas Gracias Jorge.
This is the first test I've heard on MW. A pity it only covers a small part of MW. The audio is much better than a Tecsun DSP portable.

Peter

Jorge Garzón

Peter, 
The sound is really awesowe with earphones, the noise floor very low and the sensitivity promising on MW. 

I contacted Alex some weeks ago and asked him about the possibility to design a receiver with extended coverage down into MW and even LW. He told me that will build a new one rig focused on these bands, but no date was given for the release. 

I found that very interesting to read. I will be keeping an eye out for how this comes along.

Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2021 at 3:47 AM
To: "main@ultralightdx.groups.io" <main@ultralightdx.groups.io>
Subject: [UltralightDX] Belka-DX receiver review

[Edited Message Follows]

I have just tested the Belka-DX receiver on the Medium Wave range included and I am very impressed indeed. I have posted this in my blog in case you are interested (in Spanish with some videos in English)...

The post includes a full downloadable link to the User's Manual in Spanish.

Could this rig be consider a true ULR with its mere 8,4x5x2 cm?

¡Buen DX!

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez "IberiaDX" 
(EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL · BDXC Member 1409) 
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W
San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPAÑA - SPAIN)
..................................................................................
Blog: IberiaDX  · Twitter: @IberiaDX