Background

What is the best place to get some background on the hobby and the group?

Paul Blundell

What do you want to know?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, 18:51 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
What is the best place to get some background on the hobby and the group?

kevin asato

here is a thumbnail sketch regarding Medium Wave/Broadcast Band (MW/BCB) DXing. Disregard the reference to Yahoo Groups as the group is now here on Grousps.io.

this second link is about the activities of one of the more published members in the group with his addition to radios and building and testing of Ferrite addiction to MW DX and building and testing of Ferrite Sleeve Loop antennas! published - he writes about his adventures _here_ rather than me that is much more relaxed in my listening activities with my less than ultralight (shirt pocket sized) radios.

73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 5:26 AM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
What do you want to know?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, 18:51 Frank Standford, <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
What is the best place to get some background on the hobby and the group?

Steve Whitt

Hi Frank

If MW listening is if interest you could do worse than browse here

https://mwcircle.org/introduction-to-long-distance-medium-wave-listening/

Welcome to the hobby and I hope the bug bites.

Steve

What is the best place to get some background on the hobby and the group?

Paul Blundell

Some great information there.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 10:50 PM kevin asato <kc6pob@...> wrote:
[...]

Thnak you Steve. That all looks like really good information.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 12:17 PM Frank Standford <dxer2k1@...> wrote:
Thnak you Steve. That all looks like really good information.

What is the best place to get some background on the hobby and the group?

Nice page and that is the details I was looking for.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 2:09 PM
From: "Paul Blundell" <tanger32au@...>
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io