Topics

August 2019 Rockwork Cliff DXpedition Article

Gary DeBock

Because it was sandwiched in between major Ultralight "Frequent Flyer" DXpeditions to Hong Kong and Kauai last year, my own results from the August 2019 Rockwork Cliff DXpedition have never been written up in article form (although DXpedition partner Tom Rothlisberger has an excellent writeup of his own results, posted at https://www.qsl.net/k7wv/RockworkDX6.htm

With the Pandemic there is extra time for everything, though, so a new article with photos, DXpedition loggings and MP3 recording links has been posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/eems0nk7i6a89syif08iix0hhi3357l5
This DXpedition brought exceptional Longwave South Pacific NDB results to both Tom and I, and we will never forget the awesome experience of tracking down so many long range, low powered beacons all across the South Pacific at the plunging cliff. Medium Wave results were also memorable, with both 531-More FM and the new 1107-Magic Talk routinely hitting S9 levels almost every morning. DXpedition partner Craig Barnes honed his skills on his 5" Frequent Flyer FSL antenna, becoming quite an expert in preparation for Kauai in November. We all had a blast, and are looking forward to August at the plunging cliff (Pandemic permitting)!

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)