AM Radio has some of the most UNORIGINAL "Slogans" !!!

Johnny

Hi all,

Just was thinking about how incredibly unoriginal most AM Radio (maybe FM too?) station slogans are!

I can't BELIEVE how many boring slogans exist, I have lost count of how many stations use...

  • "Newsradio xxx"
  • "Sportstalk xxx"
  • "The News Station"

How about instead slogans like these (made up of course)...

"The AM 840 Blow Torch"
"The AM 970 Information Infusion"
"The AM 1050 Powerhouse"
"The AM 1130 Intellectual Injection"

That's more exciting!  :)
Just my 2 cents.  :)

Johnny

FenDrifter

Contact some of them Johnny and tell them your suggestions, you never know!
Drifter

Johnny

Hi FenDrifter,

LOL!

I really should.

All kidding aside, I wonder why they do that?  Maybe it IS actually easier to remember if the slogan is super simple?

FenDrifter

I think you’re right Johnny, but jingle writers must be well paid if they’re on royalties - get in there! 😊

kevin asato

KFWB in Los Angeles - "All news, all the time" and "You give us 22 minutes, we'll give you the world".
Unfortunately they are no longer all news (news is still their centerpiece) since CBS purchased them and the 2nd slogan was not originally theirs but in use. Something to look forward to when you try to ID this flamethrower at 1070KHz

No longer heard -
KTNQ Los Angeles - Not only the obvious "Ten-Q" but a play on Thank You (TenQue) as well. Miss that one as i went to see the studio with a group from my high school radio station in decades past.

Boss Radio - KHJ (930 AM)

The Mighty 690 - XETRA, Tijuana, MX (Eh-kess-eh Te Errey Ah, Tijuana Mehico - was their ID) - sorry having trouble spelling Spanish in phonetics.

73,
kevin
kc6oob

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 2:25 PM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think you’re right Johnny, but jingle writers must be well paid if they’re on royalties - get in there! 😊

mediumwavedx

Edited

Unusual ones....

KKOB-770 Albuquerque, New Mexico's is: The Talk Monster.  I have heard them use "blowtorch". It's the only one I know of. They are 50 KW.

KTNN-660 Window Rock, Arizona. Interesting 50 KW Navajo station: "The Voice of the Navajo Nation". Often in native language.

Bill

kevin asato

KTNN is an interesting mix of Dine (Navajo Language) music and CW!
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 1:26 AM mediumwavedx <desertbilly@...> wrote:
Unusual ones....

KKOB-770 Albuquerque, New Mexico's is: The Talk Monster.  I have heard them use "blowtorch". It's the only one I know of. They are 50 KW.

KKTN-660 Window Rock, Arizona. Interesting 50 KW Navajo station: "The Voice of the Navajo Nation". Often in native language.

Bill

Johnny

Those are GREAT examples guys!

Very encouraging!  :)