JOHR 1287 Sapporo, Japan

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

OK, that explains it. Thanks.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

I live in a radio station building, way too much noise from rfi and RF and all kinds of electronics

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 11:47 AM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
I see, thanks for the clarification .
As I am indoors, I could use my laptop to record, if I can keep the radio far enough away,
(I am using the laptop to record IQ files from my SDR anyway).
BTW can't you get any reception indoors using your FSL? I am sure it is freezing cold outside in Alaska!
Peter

--
Regards,
Paul Walker

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

I see, thanks for the clarification .
As I am indoors, I could use my laptop to record, if I can keep the radio far enough away,
(I am using the laptop to record IQ files from my SDR anyway).
BTW can't you get any reception indoors using your FSL? I am sure it is freezing cold outside in Alaska!
Peter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

My audio comes in as left/right 2 channel audio and I don’t want lose anything or risk compressing audio quality even more.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Why not use mono as you are recording from a mono source?

--
Regards,
Paul Walker
"The Alaska Radio Nerd"
PO Box 61
McGrath, Alaska 99627 USA
Mobile +1 (907) 574-0258
Program Director: KSKO 89.5 FM McGrath, Alaska, USA
Afternoon Host: Hits 106 KLMI-FM Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Overnight Host: Local Radio Networks National Classic Country Format

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

Why not use mono as you are recording from a mono source?

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

There’s zero point in saving AM DX files as a wav or higher then 128k MP3 stereo unless it’s a solid banging local like signal playing music with good quality/fidelity

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 11:01 AM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Thanks Paul
That's interesting  that you are using a lower but rate than me.
Peter

--
Regards,
Paul Walker
"The Alaska Radio Nerd"
PO Box 61
McGrath, Alaska 99627 USA
Mobile +1 (907) 574-0258
Program Director: KSKO 89.5 FM McGrath, Alaska, USA
Afternoon Host: Hits 106 KLMI-FM Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Overnight Host: Local Radio Networks National Classic Country Format

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

Thanks Paul
That's interesting  that you are using a lower but rate than me.
Peter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Zoom H1, 128k mp3 stereo

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 10:13 AM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Thanks Paul
The recorder and MP3 bit rate please?
Peter

--
Regards,
Paul Walker
"The Alaska Radio Nerd"
PO Box 61
McGrath, Alaska 99627 USA
Mobile +1 (907) 574-0258
Program Director: KSKO 89.5 FM McGrath, Alaska, USA
Afternoon Host: Hits 106 KLMI-FM Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Overnight Host: Local Radio Networks National Classic Country Format

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

Thanks Paul
The recorder and MP3 bit rate please?
Peter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Cc Skywave, DeBock 5”fsl and audio bandwidth at 3khz

Paul

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 10:04 AM Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...> wrote:
Thanks for posting this Paul. Very good signal. Which receiver and what bandwidth?
Which recorder and what bit rate also? I want to compare with my own recordings.
Thanks
Peter

--
Regards,
Paul Walker
"The Alaska Radio Nerd"
PO Box 61
McGrath, Alaska 99627 USA
Mobile +1 (907) 574-0258
Program Director: KSKO 89.5 FM McGrath, Alaska, USA
Afternoon Host: Hits 106 KLMI-FM Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Overnight Host: Local Radio Networks National Classic Country Format

Peter 1956 <pe1etr@...>

Thanks for posting this Paul. Very good signal. Which receiver and what bandwidth?
Which recorder and what bit rate also? I want to compare with my own recordings.
Thanks
Peter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Oops, try this link!

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 1:25 PM Paul B. Walker, Jr. via groups.io <paul=alaskaradionerd.com@groups.io> wrote:

Here's a nice strong signal with good audio along with a station ID and time tone recorded Friday September 23rd at 1358UTC in alaska. I thought this might be interesting.. AND useful to someone in the future

Audio: