From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Issac Quincey via groups.io <IssacQuincey@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:45:50 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Why is it?

- One station might be closer than the other?
- Band conditions could be different at the two locations
- Power? One HAM might be uisng 100 watts. The other might be using 5watts or 500watts

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Another beginners question please. Why is it that mainly, in my very limited experience, that received side band transmissions are only heard one way? I got a bit of a shock this afternoon when I heard both sides of a chat while tuned to 7150 kHz sideband, identified as an Englishman called Geoff up in the Orkneys.

Drifter

Issac Quincey