Radio Options

Johnny

Hi Issac,

Can you send me an email?

I have a question for you.

jlochey@... (it's in the directory)

Johnny

radiojayallen

I just checked mine...they are the same size.

Jay

Paul Blundell

I am glad it works for you and in your usage case, mine was not good.

Paul

On Tue, 8 Feb 2022, 4:57 am , <surveyor6180@...> wrote:
I know the V-115 isn't a very popular ultralight around here and for valid reasons. That being said I use mine as a "beater"
in and out of the house. I was able to purchase these at under $18 and I listen to talk shows frequently with it if it's close by
The sound, to me, is pretty good. I gave one to a family member and they listen to 2-3 mw and fm stations and think it's great.
It's a strange one for sure.

DX Central - Loyd Van Horn (W4LVH)

I would like to echo what Paul said about the CCrane sky wave but would like to add a nod for the SSB model

It is a bit larger but the ability to use LSB/USB to help reduce adjacent channel interference, as well as to help improve overall reception quality is simply a feature I refuse to DX without for MW.

73

Loyd
DX Central

surveyor6180@...

I know the V-115 isn't a very popular ultralight around here and for valid reasons. That being said I use mine as a "beater"
in and out of the house. I was able to purchase these at under $18 and I listen to talk shows frequently with it if it's close by
The sound, to me, is pretty good. I gave one to a family member and they listen to 2-3 mw and fm stations and think it's great.
It's a strange one for sure.

Paul Blundell

My Digitech AR-1733 has the air band and it is something that I do listen to, mostly at night time if the medium wave band is not that interesting or if I want to do some less intense listening.

I used to be involved in the radio scanning hobby so have some experience in that area.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 9:51 PM Issac Quincey via groups.io <IssacQuincey=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I will also make some time to check that one out. It also had AIR, that might be interesting. Does anybody listen to that band much?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.