1386 LTU Radio Baltic Waves International NHK World 9011km 0330 UTC 25th Jan 2022

Peter 1956

First time to log this one. Received in Botswana.
My big MW opening on 25th Jan 2022 keeps on giving.
Sign on from RBWI Lithuania with NHK World Japan (Russian Service).
Binaural (AM) pseudo stereo 5kHz bw.
Airspy HF+ Discovery, SDR Console V3, random wire with binocular balun.
https://youtu.be/7cEB7WgdOAk

Peter

FenDrifter

Hi Peter
As a beginner that strikes me as phenomenal! I picked up the same station this morning, but for me in the UK it’s only a thousand miles, I’m afraid to check how far it is for you!
Drifter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Its about 6500km for me in Alaska and I hear it qutie regularly when conditions are right.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 11:23 AM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Peter
As a beginner that strikes me as phenomenal! I picked up the same station this morning, but for me in the UK it’s only a thousand miles, I’m afraid to check how far it is for you!
Drifter

FenDrifter

Really, wow! Alaska here I come; well I might have said that as a young man, but I wouldn’t even consider the flight now, let alone living there! 😊
Drifter

FenDrifter

Purely for fun I braved up and did a very rough check on Peter’s distance; 8,500 km!

Drifter

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

This is how good Radio Baltic Waves International 1386khz can sound here.. it gets VERY clear and strong 1 minute into the recording. Audio: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17MxfxHb3xwzr5gxtPyMMkaf8D0JamZba/view?usp=sharing

Paul

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 11:49 AM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Purely for fun I braved up and did a very rough check on Peter’s distance; 8,500 km!

Drifter

FenDrifter

That’s great Paul, and a very nice piece of music as well.

Drifter

Peter 1956

9011km
It's in the title of my video :)